Twitter has turned out as an indispensable part of life. Bloggers have realized this and they are trying to make best use of it. Twitter is a good medium to interact with the fellow bloggers and commenters of our blog. This interaction can boost the number of regular readers by building out a good relationship with the readers.If you happens to be one who reads a lot of blogs, most probably you might have seen a field to add your twitter username on the comment section. This gives a chance for the blog author to interact with his readers. In addition, the readers of the blog can find their fellow readers on twitter and they too can acquainted. This strategy is often followed by the bloggers to interect with the fellow bloggers, there by increasing the readership of their blog.
Enough of the bla bla talk. Lets see how we can integrate twitter into the comment section of wordpress blog. For this, you just need to install the wordpress plugin- ‘ Twitterlink comments ‘ by Andy Bailey.
Install & Activate
Choose either of the below method
- Manually install it by downloading. (Download it at here)
- Install by simply searching for Twitterlink Comments in the ‘add plugins’ page in the dashboardof wordpress admin.
You are done. Now can see the following thing in the comment section of your blog.
Once installed you can also decide where you need to display the username of the commenter by doing the necessary changes in plugin settings page.
But what I needed was just a simple input field like the one shown below.
Here is how I did it.
- Choose the theme editor from Appearance section of the wordpress dashboard of your blog and take the file comments.php.
- Find out the field for website. If you are using Mozilla Firefox browser, just press Ctrl+F and search for ‘website’.
- Add the following just after the website field section.
<p><input type=”text” name=”atf_twitter_id” id=”atf_twitter_id” value=”” size=”22″ tabindex=”3″ />
<label for=”twitter”>Twitter ID(No links or @ symbols)</label></p>
Now you can showcase the comments like the one below.
So what are you waiting for, leave a comment with your twitter username so that I can follow you.